Title: Executive Director/ Patient Specialist
Status: Part-Time (6-10 hours per week @ $24/hour, more hours available as funding allows)
Reports to: Board of Directors
Contact: Alicia Yaeger-Booth (firstname.lastname@example.org) with resume/ CV
Nature of Work:
This position supports the mission of A New Dawn AZ to provide access to oral health care services to uninsured and underinsured adults
in Northern Arizona for comprehensive dental care. We are a non-profit committed to 3 fundamental tasks; connecting patients to currently
existing resources, helping patients navigate the intricacies of the oral health care system, and offering financial assistance toward
completing needed comprehensive dental care treatment. The incumbent oversees expenditures and budgetary compliance as well as implements
the current and developing organizational strategies that address local oral health disparities under the supervision of the Board of Directors.
This position manages the standing patient case load and follow-up as well as supervises an NAU public health intern.
Essential Job Functions:
Budget and Finances
- Monitors post office box, email messages, and Facebook account.
- Maintains open and regular communications with program donors and supporters.
- Maintains consistent communication with chair and other members of the Board of Directors including regular financial updates.
- Supports the Board of Directors fundraising efforts.
- Oversees budgetary compliance with awarded grants and other funds in accordance with the non-profit’s AZ tax credit qualification.
- Tracks monthly spending using Quickbooks.
- Responsible for monetary deposits.
- Maintains financial records for the Northern AZ Oral Health Coalition.
Knowledge or Skills
- Addresses patient inquiries and provides information to patients on local low-cost events or dental services.
- Connects patients to care and assists in patient navigation of dental services and treatment plan implementation.
- Offers financial assistance to qualified patients as funds allow.
- Responsible for patient care payments to dental providers and all ANDAZ related bills.
- Maintains patient database including monitoring patients progress though the treatment plan.
- Administers pre/post tests to monitor program effectiveness and patient satisfaction with the program.
- Collects testimonials of patients.
Because of the independent nature of this role, an ideal candidate for this position will have a 4-year college degree or a strong
combination of non-profit work experience and some college work completed. This individual must have exceptional social service skills;
excellent organizational and communication skills – written and verbal; the ability to work in a multi-task environment and computer
literacy to include the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
Incumbent must be proficient with computers and must be available for occasional evening and/ or weekend work hours.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of the position. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than or in addition to those specifically
presented in this description.
- Manages the relationships of the community partner organizations in the region.
- Effectively represents the Organization in a positive manner.
- Manages multiple projects and situations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Effectively communicates, verbally and in writing, at all levels.
- Be an independent, critical, and creative leader.